Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0077wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a laptop model 15-cx0077wm and  i plan to replace the 16gb optane drive with a 256gb M.2 NVME to boot from and upgrade the 8gb of ram to 16gb assuming that is max. I viewed the maintenance and service guide listed for this model but some of the information does not match the laptop. Example the GTX1060 isnt even listed as an option so i want to confirm what specs i am looking for in NVME and Ram.

I would like to know if these are actually the max values and if it really supports nvme ssd.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

This is the SSD:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M64R4CR/ref=twister_B08TZFCXPR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@hhernadez97,

Welcome to HP Community!

I have gone through your post and would like to help

As per the Service Guide, the Notebook supports up to 16GB RAM and 256 GB PCIe, NVMe, TLC, M.2 solid-state drive + 1 TB (7200 rpm) hard drive,

Refer to the page 11,10HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Maintenance and Service Guide link 

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.