cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Vraj78
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Ram upgrade of hp 14s dk0093au

HP Recommended
Hp 14s dk0093au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp 14s dk0093au ryzen 5 laptop. I want to upgrade my ram. I have 8 gb ram. I want to upgrade my ram upto 16 gb. So is it possible. Because I have read from one website that this laptop has only one memory slot. So can anyone tell me about the ram upgrade in this modet

Thanks in Advance 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
46,417 24,929 7,474 10,849
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are two slots and you have a single 8 gig module of DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM and an empty slot. Yes you can add another 8 gb to have 16. It would actually take a pair of 16 gb modules to have 32 gigs total.

Service Manual 

See p. 42. Inside looks like:

14df.jpg

The lower spec models in that series such as AMD A4 have a single slot but Ryzens have 2. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are two slots and you have a single 8 gig module of DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM and an empty slot. Yes you can add another 8 gb to have 16. It would actually take a pair of 16 gb modules to have 32 gigs total.

Service Manual 

See p. 42. Inside looks like:

14df.jpg

The lower spec models in that series such as AMD A4 have a single slot but Ryzens have 2. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

GGE1
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sir can i upgrade as 8+16 GB. Because already we have 8GB ram default maintaining the same can i add 16GB to the another slot.

Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You could but I would just add a second 8 gig module. Believe it or not for most purposes 8 + 8 would perform better than 8 + 16. Install matched pairs in other words. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation