Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My laptop model is HP 15g206ax. How much maximum Ram can i use in my laptop. I think i can use 8 gb of maximum Ram in my laptop.  Can i use 12 GB total ram means 8 gb in second slot and 4 GB in first slot. And when i see my task manager in memory section above slots 1of 2,there is a speed it shows 800 mhz. What is that speed and can i increase this speed.  What happen???

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The max is 8 GB of installed memory.

The 800 MHz is bandwidth./ You cannot change the bandwidth of the memory modules. That is set by the BIOS memory timings.  

Guaranteed Compatible memory modules

https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-15-g206ax

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

How much is the clock frequency of my RAM??

1600 MHZ / More ???

HP Recommended

The clock speed or bandwidth of the installed memory is 1333  Mhz.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Which one is best?? And why

Crucial or Samsung 4gb ram

HP Recommended

Can i use 1600mhz frequency ram in place of 1333 mhz. If i will use what will happen??? It works fine or not

HP Recommended

As long as the memory modules are guaranteed compatible with your notebook, it does not matter which brand. 

Crucial and Kingston are both reputable brands.

If guaranteed compatible 1600 MHz memory modules are installed they will downclock to 1330 Mhz and work just fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.