Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-bs576tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I want to update the ram for my laptop model: hp 15-bs576tx to 16GB it mainly comes with 8GB. Is it possible to expand the ram for this model? which Ram version did it support?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Start on p. 45 to remove the bottom cover and inside you see this:

RAM slots circled in redRAM slots circled in red

There are two slots and you have an 8 gig in one of them. Add another 8 gig DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM to get 16. It can actually take 2 x 16 = 32 but that is very expensive and not necessary for most computer users. 

Multiple purchase options here:

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-8GB-DDR4-2400-SODIMM-CT8G4SFS824A/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=DD...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Start on p. 45 to remove the bottom cover and inside you see this:

RAM slots circled in redRAM slots circled in red

There are two slots and you have an 8 gig in one of them. Add another 8 gig DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM to get 16. It can actually take 2 x 16 = 32 but that is very expensive and not necessary for most computer users. 

Multiple purchase options here:

https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-8GB-DDR4-2400-SODIMM-CT8G4SFS824A/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=DD...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

One more doubt I have using i5 7th gen and as per the manual, DDR4-2133 dual channel support (6th and 7th generation Intel Core processors). can you please confirm. and give me the link if it supports above given ram type.

Thank you

HP Recommended

The Manual lists a part for the memory. Yes the 6th and 7th gen models run the memory at 2133 speed but it uses DDR4-2400 modules. So the link I gave you is for the kind of memory you need and you have full installation instructions. You do not have to use the exact memory I linked but you should get DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.