Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I also ran into this issue with Crucial's configuration tool on my HP Pavilion x360, model#13-S128nr.  Want to get a larger 1TB SSD, and their tool says their 2.5" BX500 and MX500 are "compatable upgrades", so I bought their CTMX500SSD1Z.27AD3 and a usb 3.0 to 2.5" SATA cable. Opened the laptop up after cloning the internal SSD drive , only to find an M.2 SSD installed.  Now I need to wipe the cloned drive, send the wiped drive and cable back to Amazon and purchase a 1TB m.2 SSD and an m.2 enclosure with USB 3 interface.

Can you advise which 1TB m.2 SSD would be recommended?  Also, what physical size will replace the OEM 128MB ssd - 22mm by ?? mm? Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PC (model numbers: 13-s000 through 13-s099) Maintenance and Service Gui...

The M.2 slot supports SATA SSD's only.   The form factor is 2280.  Google one of the SSD part numbers in the service manual, chapter 3.

HP 809839-001 - 128GB solid-state drive (SSD) - M.2 SATA-3 interface, with triple-level cell (TLC) t...

This would be a compatible M.2 SSD that should provide the best performance for the price, in my opinion.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to 5...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PC (model numbers: 13-s000 through 13-s099) Maintenance and Service Gui...

The M.2 slot supports SATA SSD's only.   The form factor is 2280.  Google one of the SSD part numbers in the service manual, chapter 3.

HP 809839-001 - 128GB solid-state drive (SSD) - M.2 SATA-3 interface, with triple-level cell (TLC) t...

This would be a compatible M.2 SSD that should provide the best performance for the price, in my opinion.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to 5...

HP Recommended

Excellent, thanks for the quick response!

One more quick question, is there a separate service manual/maintenance guide for the model number 13-s100 and up Pavilion laptops, or are these covered by the link you provided earlier.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That is the manual on your notebook model series' support page, so I would have to assume that most of it would apply to the 13-s100 model series too.

HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s128nr (ENERGY STAR) Manuals | HP® Customer Support

Certainly the form factor of the M.2 drive you need is correct.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.