2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Recommended Hard Drive for HP DV6

HP Recommended
HP DV6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HI

I got a laptop from Ebay in September as a HP DV6 with Windows 10 loaded on it. 8GB RAM and 500GB Hard drive with intel core i5 2410M processor. 

Now just on Saturday I dropped it accidently and fell the desk to the floor since then have ran tests primary hard disk self test initially said Hard Disk 1 Fault now its saying Hard Disk 1 error (303) which I read means its broken need a new one so looking for recommendations of which one to get. I will install it myself have found instructions... any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,714 30,621 2,796 6,752
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@srp123au 

My HP DV6 came with a 500GB SATA laptop drive -- but I wanted better performance, so I replaced that with a Kingston 500GB SATA SSD.  Runs a lot faster now.  You should consider doing the same as SATA SSD prices have come way down.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
aHumanPerson
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I personally would recommend Samsung drives, if you can find them on a good sale. Make sure to get the SATA version if you are replacing a hard drive.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation