Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1092tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Case number is [Personal Information Removed].

I've filed numerous complaints about the battery replacement, talked with people on WhatsApp, contacted a toll-free number, and visited a service facility. Still, no one has provided me with a clear answer to my problem. Each time, I had to expend a significant amount of energy and time explaining my condition and that I had purchased an extended care pack. Even though N-CSR Battery Replacement is clearly stated as one of the deliverables, everyone responded with the same response: the battery is not covered by warranty. The issue remains unsolved. So, what exactly is the problem? It's even stated explicitly on HP's website: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05843717.

PLEASE MENTION WHAT N-CSR BATTERY REPLACE MEANS. IT IS EXTREMELY MISLEADING AND HENCE, UNETHICAL.

And I still haven't mentioned the issues I've faced since week 1 of purchasing the laptop. In the past 2 years, I've had to call HP more than 20 times. I have used 4 laptops in the past, and none of them gave me such problems.

If I didn't get a solution or reply, this would've been the last time I purchased an HP device.

I've had it with HP. I hope you don't disappoint.

Kuldeep_28_0-1638505631410.png

Kuldeep_28_1-1638505847256.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I've spent at least an hour if not more just trying to find out how to get a replacement battery for my HP Pavilion laptop that HP keeps telling me is very weak.  Their support is abysmal.  Finally managed to get a live chat person a few minutes ago that tells me the battery is not available and that I basically have to go an try to look for it elsewhere.  Since they already knew I had a bad battery and the exact model and serial number I had, why couldn't they have just automatically told me that last night?  They are useless.  I will never buy another HP laptop again even though I've purchased several over the years.  

HP Recommended

Hi @Kuldeep_28 

I understand what you mean, but your battery is weak, not dead or bad enough to have produced a 24 character diagnostic error code.

If you had an error 301 with an accompanying 24 character diagnostic error cod, HP would replace the battery under warranty.

In the current situation you are facing, I suspect you would get the same response from any laptop manufacturer.

If you get a main battery fail code(i.e replace main battery) with a 24 character diagnostic error code within the eight months remaining in your extended warranty, replacement under warranty should not be a problem at all.

N-CSR is No Customer Self Replace.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.