Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So sometimes, when I'm playing a game, I go to hit Escape but instead I hit the f1 key a few times on accident (bound by default to help) and I have to wait for it to load up chrome with a bing search for "how to get help in windows 10" so I can immediately exit it. It's getting to be a bit annoying as it causes a little bit of lagging in my game and it's a hassle to get out of fullscreen etc just so I can close the useless tab I just opened. Is there any way to make the f1 key not pop up a window of Chrome when I hit it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Ryan , 

Hope this Helps 

How to disable Function Keys in HP Laptops .

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/HOW-TO-Disable-The-Fn-Function-on-HP-Laptops/ba-p/7...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Ryan , 

Hope this Helps 

How to disable Function Keys in HP Laptops .

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/HOW-TO-Disable-The-Fn-Function-on-HP-Laptops/ba-p/7...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

HP Recommended

Thank you! This worked perfectly. I also learned I could show the estimated time of battery life remaining through BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.