Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

So the answer can help others and should be marked as Solution. Happy to have helped. 

And just to be clear, you take out the black square thing, put a hard drive in it and then plug it back in as shown in the Manual. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer,

If I may, my pal just sent this to me 🙂

Can you check it out please 🙂

[quote]
Reply by Huffer
He has an M.2 SSD
Q1
I don't know if I have one. How to check?

Reply by Huffer
In one picture he has the gumstick SSD installed and in the other it is removed
Q2
I didn't remove anything while taking both the pictures. Just took 1 complete pic and another focussed on drives area.

Reply by Huffer
The thing in the corner may be just the caddy it is hard to tell
Q3
The corner thing is the current SSD, and it also has a label on the top mentionining SSD 128GB. The same can be viewed in the pic.

[/quote]

Thanks again Huffer  🙂

Best regards 🙂

HP Recommended

I stand corrected. Closer review of the pictures shows no M.2 drive in the "gumstick" slot. So you have a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. I did not see that a 120 gig SATA SSD was an option but you have one. We are back to your original question. If you have to have more space and you cannot afford a larger SSD then you can put a 2.5 inch SATA hard drive into the same slot where the SSD is now. I can only say, you can find a 256 gig SSD for well under $100 and a 1 TB hard drive is going to be at least $60 or so. Not that big of a gap but it is a big gap in storage capacity. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer,

Thanks really for helping us out! I will relay the message to him and be back to confirm the info 🙂

You really the man 🙂 Let me confirm if he has understood and solved his poroblem and then I'll relay it back here 🙂

Great help you guys do here! You rock!

Regards,

BJMun

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

My pal is OK and has sent word that his issue has been solved and he has all the info necessary to do the endeavor. Thanks to all for the wonderful help here. You are all aces in my book! Merry Xmas to all!

Best regards,

BJMun

HP Recommended

Glad to have helped but you marked your own response as the Solution which contains no directions at all so does not help people who may find it later. Still you are welcome. 

HP Recommended

Oh I am sorry for that 🙂 Newbie mistake! Thanks Huffer 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.