Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Was this issue ever resolved? I have a dead laptop. I need to cable that goes from the power charger brick to laptop charger port.I have been told by HP tech support the part listed in nthis thread687530-001 is the INTERNAL laptop port (conneects to motherboard) NOT the cable from port to charger, even though it is listed as such.. I have spent many, many many hours on phone.I am now at 11 charger/cords sent from HP, online computer stores and local experts.Not one fits my laptop  charger port. so beyond frustrated.

HP Recommended

Incredibly this is still an issue.  I am fairly nonplussed that HP seem to have put in zero effort to resolve what would seem to be a widespread issue on one of their flagship products.

I am surprised by their lack of Customer Care as they must be aware that there are people on this forum who are 'purchase decision makers' for fairly large corporations.  I know in my professional capacity this will definitely affect my decisions.

Back to the actual fault.  The only way to 'fix' this problem would be to 'gerry-rig' your current cable by trying to remove the end plug and refit it.  You'll need a sharp knife and a soldering iron and probably a bit of imagination depending on the condition of the plug.

To HP let me say

" You are letting your Brand and yourselves down very badly with your lack of support on this issue.  You really need to do better."

HP Recommended

This issue is marked 'Solved'?

HP Recommended

The customer support / knowledge is  incredibly lacking.I have lost count the number of hours I have wasted on the phone with them. I have conflicting product numbers of replacement parts. Which is a non-issue anyways as they are not available.

Adapter 574487-001  which is now product # 693716-001 is suppose to fit. ~3 ordered from Hp. 2 ordered from Dec. 2 ordered from Amazon. 1 ordered from Newegg. 1 ordered from Ebay.1 ordered from local computer company. NONE fit.

Product # 687530 per HP support is the cord to computer from charger brick. Another mistake. Although HP lists this as cord from charger to laptop on the parts store; this is the actual internal port that goes onto the motherboard.

Product # 677154-001 is also the 'supposed' cord needed to charge. This is definately not fitting the port.

I could go on forver here. We have tried stripping down the connector and rewire to no avail.This particular adapter is like nothing anyone has seen.

Warranty ran out last month. Even though I posted  help on HP site, they refuse to do anyting except for transfer me to a different department and each department tells me someting different.The stories I could tell are almost non believable. Thinking my next step is contacting Corporate Offices and their board of directors. I have done this in the past with resolution to an issue.

HP Recommended

I feel your frustration Ladyme1 and fully understand.  We have ordered and returned many supposedly compatible devices.  The plug (jack) is an unusual size and design.  We did try the Radionics route (and other bespoke component makers) to no avail.  If the laptop wasn't so new we would hace just by-passed the socket and soldered the power supply directly to the board!!  We may do that yet!!

BTW If you are in Europe and your warrantly is only a month out you can probably still invoke it.  Europe have a minimum 2 year warranty regardless of what the seller says.  (Actually in some European countries the minimum warranty is 6 years!! - although unlikely to get a full refund on any item it is still good for a least getting some help)

HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought the replacement part (687530-001) and it WORKS. It's not cheap though. See details below.

Hewlett-Packard Customer Service Order:

Customer Service Order Number:                      	BDRC6563-01
 CSO Placement Date:                                 	03/12/2014

Model Number:                                       	A7U17UA
 Model Description:                                  	HP ENVY SPECTRE 14-3090CA
 Serial Number:                                      	5CD2272616
 Part Number:                                        	687530-001
 Part Description:

DC power cable - Connects power brick to noteboo

You selected the following Hewlett-Packard
 Hardware Support Service for your product:

CUSTOMER REPLACEABLE PART, 1 DAY SHIP

Warranty Status:                                    	Out of Warranty

Total charge (including tax, if applicable):        	$85.31
 Payment Method:                                     	VISA
HP Recommended

Thanks for the update, very much appreciated.  Maybe its a US-Euro thing.  Worth another attempt though.  Interestingly the price you paid is well below the price in Europe??

HP Recommended

Yup, this is the correct one. Mine was still under warranty hence they sent to me for free.

But went thru super painful time trying to email and phone, eventually and LUCKILY there's a HP Total Care Center in London, brought my whole laptop and the broken adapter there, while they check/compare the new HP Envy 14 Spectre in the store, the part list really not well specify in their inventory/Bill of Material system.

They went through some steps manually to order my parts for me. - which I greatly appreciate.

Now I just PRAY, this adapter/parts never break down until parts can be easily order online.

HP Recommended

Thanks xbel.  That's given me the idea of contacting that centre directly. 

I'm sure you won't break this one although in fairness it is badly designed and positioned.

HP Recommended

I would like to  verify prior to ordering . 687530-001 is the  actual cord from power brick to laptop port.? Tech support told me that even though the part is listed as the cord it was actually the internal charger port that is on the motherboard.

I am in the USA, does this make a difference in part numbers ?  I notice people posting here are from Europe. Once again, this may just be misinformation I have gotten from customer service and tech support. It is listed as $55 USD for just the cable  going from charger into laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.