Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-f040nd
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

Since a couple weeks ago, I have noticed my laptop battery capacity has been significantly lower than before. Without charging, the laptop lasts about 1 hour while it used be around 3 hours. I was thinking about to purchase a new battery in case my current suddenly won't be usable anymore.

I have searched for a couple of laptop batteries on the internet to find that all of them were either not similar to mine or had different capacities. At the moment I don't know what to buy, I am not planning on replacing my laptop for at least another year and I'm afraid the battery won't last that long.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion 17-f040nd and uses the battery that came through the shipment. The battery and laptop are both 2 years old and have been used almost every day. The battery has a voltage of 14,8V and a capacity of 2700 mAp. It'd be nice if someone could tell what battery I should buy to ensure replacement for my current one.

Regards,

Mats.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the Manual:

(18) 4-cell, 41 WHr, 2.8A H Li-ion battery 756743-001

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-HP-Pavilion-17-f000-17-f000na/dp/B0187Y9WTK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

You can find "compatible" or "knock-off" batteries for quite a bit less but I assume you want to stick with the genuine article and $80 is not too bad. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

From the Manual:

(18) 4-cell, 41 WHr, 2.8A H Li-ion battery 756743-001

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-HP-Pavilion-17-f000-17-f000na/dp/B0187Y9WTK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=14...

You can find "compatible" or "knock-off" batteries for quite a bit less but I assume you want to stick with the genuine article and $80 is not too bad. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.