Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Jooolzz Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SD card slot

Im not very tech savvy and it may seem a bit of a silly question. Can someone tell me if theres a secret to opening the SD card slot on my new HP Spectre X2... I tried to open it with  a clip etc but with no success. THank you in adv ance.

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SD card slot

Hi there @Jooolzz

Welcome! You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! Your question is not silly at all! Infact, there are probably others out there wondering the same question. In that case, please remember to mark this post as an Accepted Solution for others to find these steps also. 

I found some documentation that may be of interest for you in this situation or for future reference: Using and Troubleshooting Memory Card Readers

To open the SD Card slot on your HP Spectre X2 Notebook PC, please follow these instructions from the Manual: 

• To insert, hold the card label side up with connectors facing the slot, and press in on the card until it is firmly seated.
  • To remove, press in on the card and quickly release it. The card pops out.

You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post and let me know how these steps went for you.

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Jooolzz Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

SD card slot

Hi
Having tried to do that, I went back to the seller with laptop in arm. After a few attempts with a paper clip he got it. I have to say with all honesty I'm not impressed as I don't carry a paper clip with me very often. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards
Jules
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation