Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0477ng
Microsoft Windows 11

I finally discovered a more acceptable and practical way to turn on your HP x360 on tablet mode.

The purpose is just to share this information with you. As simple as this solution is, it seems to be nowhere to be found on the internet and many people are annoyed about this issue. 

HP technicians answer they are working on an update, but this has been going on for years. 

The problem

Users describe this as a major design flaw: you can't easily turn on or wake the device when it's on tablet mode. The power button is not on the side, it is on the keyboard, which is completely deactivated on tablet mode. Nothing works when the keyboard is completely flipped, so you can't turn it on.

That means that whenever you use it as a tablet, you would have to flip the keyboard all the way back every single time the screen goes off. Imagine a whole day of work having to flip the keyboard back and forth multiple times - very unpractical! And that must not be good on the hinges. 

THE SOLUTION

(Different models may have different methods)

From SHUT DOWN (computer completely turned off):
➤ Raise the screen at a 30-45 degree angle, and the power button on the keyboard activates.

EdoSilva_0-1657971636632.png

From SCREEN OFF (to wake up):

➤ Use a Bluetooth paired device (keyboard, mouse, pen…).

➤ Connect the power cable to activate the power button on the keyboard.

➤ Use Cortana to wake it up with your voice.

(These three methods work for screen off only, not always from “sleep”. Make sure you increase sleep time in settings. "Screen off" time can still be short, that doesn't matter.)

This is not the ultimate solution, but still very practical. I bought it to use especially as a tablet on my desk - having to flip the keyboard back and forth all day long was frustrating! But now I just leave it at a 45-degree angle on my desk and can easily turn it on by hitting the power button and wake it up with my pen - without moving the hinges!

Let me know if that works for you as well!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.