Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP SSD S700 (2DP98AA#ABB)
Linux

I bought a new disk (HP SSD S700 2DP98AA#ABB) for my laptop Acer Travel Mate B1 TMB118-M-C0EA.  

I connected the drive to my laptop using a SATA cable. The disk was identified by the system as a 1.1Gb drive, device name SM2259AC-60-0040M401 (20200324).

After system reboot it was identified as 250Gb Hp SSD s700.  I mapped the disk and turnturned off the laptop.  Then I turn it on again, the drive is recognised again as unmapped 1,1Gb device.  Please, help me to fix it. I make some photo if you need. Thank you. 

[content removed]

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, i am the same problem, 1.1 GB detected, no windows starts, S700 are not right detected. No Help by Support, No Contact available over the HP Homepage. That is a great bulls...

all my Data Lost 😡

HP Recommended

Same issue here. Same product.

Same random name :  sm2259ac-60-0040m401

Worked up until yesterday when it "died" and showed up at 1GB in the system. Came back around and then promtly "died" again.

Any type of feedback from hp on this would be helpfull.

And i will not accept links to the products support page, links to support. Nor the phone number of support. They can easily write an explanation here or email us.

HP Recommended

GB 1 PROBLEME? SSD HP S700

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.