Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 450 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have purchased an SSD of max sequential Read speed 3300 MB/s. and write 2500 MB/s. But after testing, I am getting a maximum of 1700 MB/s read and 1500 MB/s write. I have purchased the M.2 NVME PCIe Gen 3x4 model. https://www.transcend-info.com/products/No-991 this is the SSD. But I am not getting this speed.

I searched in google and there found that the HP ProBook 450 G5 supports PCIe Gen 3x2 so it's showing half of the max speed. Is it true? And any way to get the full speed of the SSD?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

No you are getting x2 performance out of it and you cannot make it any faster. You can double check the capability of the interface with an app like Sysoft Sandra and determine for sure if its x2 or x4. 

HP Recommended

Is Probook 450 G5 has PCIe 3x4 port?

HP Recommended

You asked that and the answer is HP does not provide documentation to determine that on paper. You must run an advanced hardware analytic program on it like Sysoft Sandra. 

HP Recommended

I am getting but can't understand what it meansScreenshot (1).png

HP Recommended

Need to check "buses and devices" from the main page and see which system bus the NVME SSD is connected to. I have a brand new 10th gen laptop and it shows my Samsung 970 Evo connected to an x4 8gbps system bus. I see you only have one x4 system bus and it is 2.5gbps. I suspect the SSD is connected to one of the x2 buses. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.