Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14q-cs0017tu

Hi I have laptop  14qCS0017tu which is i5. Does this support SSD? Bcos, even though laptop is i5 it is very slow in booting. However, i have another laptop with i3 with SSD and it boots withing 30 seconds. The laptop with i5 does not have SSD and it takes more than 5 minsutes to boot. Now, can have SSD installed in i5 laptop for better performance. Please suggest

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Search1.

Your laptop's manual HP Notebook - 14q-cs0017tu manual clearly states that it supports both 2.5 inch storage of 7 or 9.5mm height AND m.2 SSDs of SATA or PCIe inteface. 

That means you can replace your 2.5'' HDD with a 2.5'' SSD     OR     keep HDD and install m.2 2280 SATA/PCIe SSD     OR     install SSDs on both slots (2.5'' and m.2).

Post back if you have more questions. Have a nice day!   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.