cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

SSD and RAM upgrade in hp pavilion ec- 0101ax

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion gaming 15 ec-0101AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know whether I can add 500 GB M2 pcie nvme SSD or 250 GB M2 pcie nvme SSD in my hp pavilion gaming 15-ec0101AX. And also I want to upgrade ram so I have question that whether second ram has be of same Mhz?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,493 41,740 4,567 12,070
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

M.2, NVMe solid-state drive support

1 TB, PCIe-3 × 4 TLC

512 GB, PCIe-3 × 4 TLC

512 GB, PCIe value

256 GB, PCIe-3 × 4, TLC

256 GB, PCIe, value

Memory support  maximum of 32 GB installed memory (2 x 16 GB)

DDR4-2400 dual channel support (DDR4-3200 bridge to DDR4-2666, DDR4-2666 downgrade to DDR4-2400)

The memory modules must be identical in all respects. If you mix different bandwidth modules they might not even be recognized as being present by the BIOS

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate. the Product number
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this laptop support samsung 970evo pluse ssd?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation