Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion sleekbook 15 b001ee
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I would like to have SDD drive for c:drive usage and would like to upgrade to Windows 10 on my Hp pavilion sleekbook 15 b001ee .. please advice.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No reason you cannot do both.

Hard drive replacement is on pages 56-57 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

Substitute a 2.5 inch SATA SSD for the hard drive. You can then do a clean Windows 10 install onto the new SSD. 

Windows 10 should have the necessary drivers built in as your hardware is very mainstream. You have an nVidia dedicated video card and the drivers for it will be available at the nVidia site or will just load during WIndows 10 install. You will have to purchase a Windows 10 license to do the update. 

A good SSD to purchase would be a Samsung 860 Evo 2.5 inch SATA. 

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Inch-Internal-MZ-76E1T0B-AM/dp/B078DPCY3T/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Hi! I have the same question, but with my HP 22-2100np All-in-One. I've just successfully upgraded my RAM with two 8GB RAM chips at crucial.com, but would like to also upgrade my HDD to an SDD. At crucial, they show me no options for that. I wonder if it is really impossible to do this upgrade. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.