Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Product: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg1053cl

My SSD won't show up on the Windows 10 x64 iso install. I can not install an OS due to this issue. Does anyone know which specific driver is required for the HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg1053cl SSD so I can install it during Windows setup?

The specific SSD Pavilion Laptop 15-eg1053c uses is the 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD .

When I go to HP's driver's location for 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD there is no way to download drivers for this specific device. (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pcie-nvme-tlc-512gb-ssd-m.2-drive/13089997)

I've tried using Intel® Rapid with Intel® Optane™ Memory (10th and 11th Gen Platforms)  Storage Technology Driver from their site but none of the drivers installed from there work.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Wormbug 

Your machine supports M.2 NVMe SSD's. Please initialize new drive first.

Guide from Crucial other vendors have similar ways

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

I can't initialize the SSD if I don't have an OS installed, which I do not.

HP Recommended

@Wormbug 

Please ask your friends or relatives to do that for you

Hope this makes sense

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

I need drivers for the 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD, not to format my disk. There are no 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD drivers located on HP's website.

I am not using a new SSD, I am using the built in SSD that came with my laptop. The disk has already been formatted as it once ran Windows 11 before I started attempting to install Windows 10. My issue is that the SSD is not recognized during the Windows 10 install, thus I need the drivers for it. The drivers I need for it aren't provided by HP's driver site. That is why I am requesting them here.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen
I have already tried using the drivers in the file dchu_VMD. I tried both and neither of them worked for me. Does this indicate an issue beyond drivers? Can the driver file be on a separate USB stick or only the stick with the iso on it? I tried this method using the driver files on a separate USB stick. Perhaps, this is an issue?
Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

Most folks put the driver folder on a different USB flash drive. 

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

I've also noticed that for the HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg1053cl, there are no drivers for storage on HP's website. If I search the model "HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg1053cl" on HP's driver directory, the only laptop that show up is not that model. I can successfully reach the drivers by entering my serial code, but there are no drivers for storage. There is only firmware. Is it possible that this an issue on HP's end? Could using Windows 10 instead of Windows 11 also being the issue?

Update: I tried to install on a Windows 11 ISO and it still did not work. It appears that the issue may be that HP doesn't provide necessary drivers on their website for the specific model; HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg1053cl

HP Recommended

The driver I gave you should have worked.

I've given it to dozens of forum members that have notebooks with the Intel 11th gen core processors.

You can also try the driver I zipped up and attached.

This one is from the Intel website and is good for all platforms that have an Intel 11th gen - 13th gen core processor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.