Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-dw0010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community, 

I have some serious question regarding my laptop, I am using a HP Laptop 15-dw0010na, and i am not sure if I open my laptop up it would void the warranty. Also I do not if my laptop does support a SSD upgrade or if there is an extra port for RAM

Thank you,

I hope to find answers soon 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are allowed to open the back of the laptop to install different or more memory, storage and wi-fi card without voiding the warranty. At your risk of damage, of course. 

This is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Start on p. 30 to remove the back cover. Your model has a 128 gig M.2 SSD which can be upgraded to a larger version of the same type of drive. It also has a bay to install a 2.5 inch more traditional form factor SSD or hard drive but you will need the mounting bracket and cable and those can be expensive and difficult to locate. There are two memory slots and only one of yours is in use so easy to add another 4 gb module and have 8 gigs which is plenty for most people. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You are allowed to open the back of the laptop to install different or more memory, storage and wi-fi card without voiding the warranty. At your risk of damage, of course. 

This is the Service Manual:

Manual 

Start on p. 30 to remove the back cover. Your model has a 128 gig M.2 SSD which can be upgraded to a larger version of the same type of drive. It also has a bay to install a 2.5 inch more traditional form factor SSD or hard drive but you will need the mounting bracket and cable and those can be expensive and difficult to locate. There are two memory slots and only one of yours is in use so easy to add another 4 gb module and have 8 gigs which is plenty for most people. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response and also what are the cables that are need to use a conventional SSD

but Thank you very much for the answer

HP Recommended

In your case, addition of a 2.5 inch disk either HDD or SSD is nearly impossible:

Hard drive bracket not spared

(3)Hard drive cable L52025-001

Hard drive board part # L52024-001

So HP does not make the bracket available but its possible to fabricate a mounting system particularly with a solid state drive that has no moving parts. The cable and board is a must-have, however. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Dont-have-hard-drive-sata-conn...

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response just wandering is it possible to get a backlit keyboard for this laptop

Thank you for the response

HP Recommended

Backlit was an option on this model series but the keyboard is part of the whole top cover part which is expensive and keyboard replacement requires complete disassembly of the laptop so a lot of people ask about this but I am unaware of anyone actually doing the upgrade on similarly configured models. Just too expensive and difficult to do. 

HP Recommended

Thank You For the response 

HP Recommended

Just wandering will this SSD work with my laptop. WD Blue SN500 High-Performance NVMe Internal NVMe SSD - 500GB

this is the amazon link to it 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07P7TFKRH/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlma...

HP Recommended

That's a new product and I have not really heard much about it but theoretically it should work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.