Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I actually just bought a PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Ref: ASX8100NP-256GT-C), and installed it in the dedicated slot. after I realized that the disk is not detected by my system.

I've Updated BIOS to the version F.91 Rev.A

can you help me to solve this problem?

and thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As explained above, there are no specific slots for M.2 NVMe and SATA, they use the same slot but it is the processor and chipset that decides which disk is compatible., there are only two types of Key B and Key M slots, currently no one uses Key B slots any more.

1.jpg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

We need to know the model number of the laptop. Some models with an M.2 slot can accept a SATA M.2 only. 

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/how-to-find-hp-laptop-model-number

HP Recommended

Sorry i forgot to mention it in my request

HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak000nk (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)

but there is a slot for this type of disc in the Mother-Board

HP Recommended

In this case you are right but M.2 slots that only work with SATA look identical. Your Adata PCIe/NVME M.2 SSD should work. In fact the M.2 slot is the only storage. What was in there before you bought this one?

HP Recommended

Hi @Kheireddine 

This laptop does not support M.2 NVMe disks only M.2 SATA-3 disks.

M.2 SATA-3 (NGFF):
● SSD, 256GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, TLC
● SSD, 128GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, TLC
● SSD, 128GB, 2280, M.2, SATA-3, Value DRAM-les

See page 2 of Manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04823146.pdf 

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your answers. in fact, there was nothing in this slot. but I checked the compatibility before buying the disc. I don't know why it doesn't detect it!

HP Recommended

Excuse me, where do I check the compatibility? In my previous message I indicated that it is not compatible, as shown in the manual.

See here Crucial :

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion gaming 15-ak series | Pavilion Gaming 15-ak000nk ...

They no longer sell M.2 SATA-3 so they only offer 2.5 SSD because it is not compatible with M.2 NVME.

HP Recommended

Excuse me for this silly question, but if it is not compatible why is it designed with an Nvme disc slot. In addition it is mentioned on the motherboard SSD.

And thank you

HP Recommended

As explained above, there are no specific slots for M.2 NVMe and SATA, they use the same slot but it is the processor and chipset that decides which disk is compatible., there are only two types of Key B and Key M slots, currently no one uses Key B slots any more.

1.jpg

HP Recommended

Ok thanks a lot for this informations,

I think that will help the others before investing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.