Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP BC 406 TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wanted to know if my laptop supports Nvme ssds. Tried service center wasn't helpful all. Only confirmed m.2 slot but no confirmation about nvme

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual 

pages 4-7 have the specs of your model. HP did not sell it with an NVME M.2 SSD but an Optane module was offered. If it can use an Optane module then it has an NVME bus and can run an NVME M.2 as the primary drive but you will have to take my word for that or use this as the launching pad for further investigation. 

M.2 slot circled in redM.2 slot circled in red

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Also found this 

Screenshot (539).png

HP Recommended

Yeah I linked you to that. Questions?

HP Recommended

I seem to be uploading a product link of an external website but that message keeps om getting delete d. Any reason why?

HP Recommended

I'm not really understanding the problem. Please be a little more specific.

HP Recommended

I tried uploading the link of the ssd I was buying to know if it was compatible . I pasted the link in the message body but it seems to be auto deleted by Hp

HP Recommended

Use the link icon above the message field to add links. 

HP Recommended

Tried , it isn't working. Any way the model is 

ADATA XPG SX6000 Lite 128GB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 NVMe SSD ASX6000LNP-128GT-C

HP Recommended

Yes. I have personally installed that M.2 SSD in a laptop from that model series. It is a bit of an older NVME M.2 and it does not perform nearly as well as some other models but it is fast enough and will work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.