Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

It really torques me that it's so hard to find that info. I've been looking hard. It should be easy to find a data sheet or something that would verify the PCIe version in the spectre.

HP Recommended

But leebos, what have u noticed in real life. Is your spectre snappier?

HP Recommended

"But leebos, what have u noticed in real life. Is your spectre snappier?"

Only used it for about a week before I changed the SSD and had not loaded any programs other than AV and anti Malware. But boot time really seemed to improve quite a bit. And it is much snappier than my other core i7 laptop that has a standard SSD, (Samsung 840 EVO). So' I'd say YES, you can notice the difference. Office applications open instantly and most other applications open fast. Only place I don't see much difference is internet stuff but that's not really SSD intensive.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback

HP Recommended

I have installed  Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB  to X360 13-4001ng i7 5500U model and it works very well. Could reach the speed of 1.6GB read /1.5GB write. Only thing is that I had to fix the ssd to the PCIe slot and install the OS from boot-able USB drive.

HP Recommended

I have installed  Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB  to X360 13-4001ng i7 5500U model and it works very well. Could reach the speed of 1.6GB read /1.5GB write. Only thing is that I had to fix the ssd to the PCIe slot and install the OS from boot-able USB drive.

HP Recommended

I have x360 with i5 Skylak processor, I tried to install 950 Pro. Bios doesn’t see the drive neither the recovery USB with Windows 10, I’m stack.

BIOS F2.D. Did you do any changes to the bios? There is not many options in bios to play with.

HP Recommended

Which SSD is supported by x360 - 13t-4000 ? 

Samsung 950 PRO
Samsung SM951
Samsung XP941
Samsung 850 EVO

I have a 128 SSD and its time to upgrade to a 512 GB.

Thanks,

Karthik

HP Recommended

I've seen many positive reports on the 850 EVO as well as the much faster XP941 and SM951.

These are your safe options.

Some were able to install the 950 PRO, but others struggle to have it seen by BIOS and Windows10.

I prefer the 950 PRO: superfast and official Samsung support.

But I will wait buying it untill we will see more succesfull Spectre installations.

HP Recommended

My BIOS doesn’t recognize 950 Pro but I also have a new Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD, I know it is completely different technology (SATA), but I just wanted to try and see if Spectre Skylak i5 does recognize unformatted new drive. After plugging it in, I couldn’t find the drive anywhere in the bios, which I thought is strange. I expected to be seen immediately. Then I went back to my original ADATA drive and attached LINDY USB 3.0 M.2 SSD Enclosure USB Micro-BF connector with 850 drive in it, clone the drive with Samsung Magician software and placed it to the spectre, after that booting without problem with Samsung 850 EVO. Speed test shows ~500 MB read/write

Maybe that could do the trick to have 950 working with spectre, attached with USB and clone. Unfortunately I haven’t found USB adapter supporting NVMe. For now 850 OK, 950 still an open issue.

(Windows 10 Pro, BIOS F2.D)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.