03-24-2015 05:41 PM
Hello I was just wondering if its possible to upgrade the ssd of this ultrabook? I looked online for some asnwers but couldn't find one, so I decided to just ask here.
Solved! View Solution.
03-25-2015 02:36 PM - edited 03-25-2015 02:36 PM
Yeah but it is not easy and will jeopardize the warranty. See pages 32-33 of this Manual, which is the closest thing out there for your Model:
05-06-2015 05:51 PM
Yes, It is possible, I just upgraded mine to a Samsung XP941 512GB. I used a USB drive for recovery as my usb utility drive for cloning would not boot. Now on to load everything else.
05-12-2015 06:01 PM
Samsung dosen't, yet, but Hynex does. Only problem is finding one as they are only sold to OEM's at present, same as the XP941. And the Samsung has gone up $210 since I bought mine probably because of demand/supply.
See this link.
06-23-2015 12:25 AM
I am thinking of buying the spectre x360 13-4007tu. Reading the specs in the manual I understood the ssd controller was an m.2 SATA 3 one not PCIe. I thought the Samsung XP941 required a PCIe controller to achieve the speeds you appear to achieved. Can you clarify this for me? Many thanks
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot