Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 L0q51ua#aba

Hello I was just wondering if its possible to upgrade the ssd of this ultrabook? I looked online for some asnwers but couldn't find one, so I decided to just ask here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah but it is not easy and will jeopardize the warranty. See pages 32-33 of this Manual, which is the closest thing out there for your Model:

Service Manual

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
HP Recommended

Yeah but it is not easy and will jeopardize the warranty. See pages 32-33 of this Manual, which is the closest thing out there for your Model:

Service Manual

HP Recommended

Ah okay thank you.

HP Recommended

Yes, It is possible, I just upgraded mine to a Samsung XP941 512GB. I used a USB drive for recovery as my usb utility drive for cloning would not boot. Now on to load everything else.

HP Recommended

Hello, after installing the Samsung XP941 512GB did you get the Gen 2 PCI ssd speedS? 1170MBps?

Is the spectre x360 PCIe Gen2 compatible?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Yes, but not quite 1170, ASSSD reports 1083MBps reads and 730MBps writes so it appears to be Gen 2.

HP Recommended

Did a little better on second run.

as-ssd-bench SAMSUNG MZHPU512 5.12.2015 7-28-37 AM.png

HP Recommended

Nice, thanks for getting back.

To bad they don't make a 1tb ssd.

HP Recommended

Samsung dosen't, yet, but Hynex does. Only problem is finding one as they are only sold to OEM's at present, same as the XP941. And the Samsung has gone up $210 since I bought mine probably because of demand/supply.

See this link.

http://www.thessdreview.com/daily-news/latest-buzz/hynix-presents-1tb-m-2-ssd-and-3d-nand-fms-2014-u...

HP Recommended

I am thinking of buying the spectre x360 13-4007tu. Reading the specs in the manual I understood the ssd controller was an m.2 SATA 3 one not  PCIe. I thought the Samsung XP941 required a PCIe controller to achieve the speeds you appear to achieved. Can you clarify this for me?  Many thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.