Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon 15-AB221NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my screen from an 1366x768 to an 1920x1080, is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not possible. 

The video-circuitry on your notebook computer is designed to be compatible with the original screen, not an "upgrade".

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Not possible. 

The video-circuitry on your notebook computer is designed to be compatible with the original screen, not an "upgrade".

HP Recommended

Oh, ok, thank you

I've asked because i've seen there is a model of my laptop with a fullhd panel

HP Recommended

Reference: http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04981688

titled "HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab221nl (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications", cites:

39.6 cm (15.6") diagonal HD BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)

Your computer does have 1 HDMI-output port, and most TVs now have an HDMI-input port.

So, you could run a "dual-screen" setup.

dual-screen-laptop.jpg

by putting the TV (or high-end computer monitor) side-by-side with your laptop.

I'm not sure if your laptop will "drive" the external monitor at 1920-by-1080 ("Full-HD") resolution.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check options from the first manual on the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499306/model/9092658/manuals

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
 I used my laptop with an external FullHD monitor and it works, but because the integrated panel resolution is not enough for me, I decided to replace it with a better one if it was possible, anyway thanks for your help
HP Recommended

The Star Wars one?

HP Recommended

The manual that @banhien references is the "Maintenance and Service Guide" for the:

HP Pavilion Notebook (Intel) Star WarsTM Special Edition Notebook

Is that the model that you have?

HP Recommended

I have that pc but not the Star Wars special edition

But i think it is the same

HP Recommended
 I've seen that has different types of panel, in case where i can find them?

Cattura.PNG
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.