Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone, just a quick question.  If I have a service order that I need to cancel, how do I go about doing it?

A few days ago, I reached out to HP about a "plugged in, not charging" battery issue.  My laptop is still under warranty.  HP sent me a box to send my laptop in.  Over the past few days while waiting for the box, I've been observing if the issue stays the same.  The past two days, I can no longer replicate the problem.  Everything seems to be working fine.  It's a very new laptop, with 50/1000 battery cycles.

When the box arrives, do I just send it back empty using the prepaid mailing label? or is there an actual process of cancelling the service/repair order?

Thanks Everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you, The_Fossette.  I actually just came from a chat session with HP Support before checking for any responses here.

Just in case people in this community find it helpful, I was told by HP Support that I can keep the box I received, given that my battery issue has resolved itself.  In case the same (or a new issue arises), I can use the box to send the unit back to the HP Repair Center within the next 30 days of receiving the box.  (The 30-day period is how long the pre-paid FedEx shipping is active).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CRS711,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to cancel the service order.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, The_Fossette.  I actually just came from a chat session with HP Support before checking for any responses here.

Just in case people in this community find it helpful, I was told by HP Support that I can keep the box I received, given that my battery issue has resolved itself.  In case the same (or a new issue arises), I can use the box to send the unit back to the HP Repair Center within the next 30 days of receiving the box.  (The 30-day period is how long the pre-paid FedEx shipping is active).

HP Recommended

@CRS711,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

All the service related options are available with the support team and the HP community doesn't have any access or information of the options available.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.