Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@ABHenry,

Answering to your question regarding a link which will help you find the correct part for the Hinge and keyboard. 

Please go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook. This has the list of parts which are compatible and tested on your PC.

If you wish just to replace the single key, I'm afraid it's not possible. You would need to replace the entire keyboard. 

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Partsurfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here) or else you can contact our HP Support for further assistance. 

Keep me posted!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks! 
I need the correct Part number for the keyboard 

Pleeze!

HP Recommended

@ABHenry,

According the Maintenance and Service guide, I found that your PC was shipped with Standard full-size keyboard assembly (IMR, Espresso Black) - UV painted, with interface cable - Keyboard. 

The spare part number listed here is 519265-001. As this part number is Universal, you can easily find it online through eBay or Amazon.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again!
519265-001   Part is not orderable in the HP Parts Store. 
Standard full-size keyboard assembly (IMR, Espresso Black) - UV painted, with interface cable  

A friend not too long ago said "don't put another dime into that or those computers as the technology is outdated."
Put some money aside and buy a new computer.

How am I going to know for sure that these Generic keyboards will work? Will the ribbon connectors match from the laptop to the computer?

The keyboard layout itself is different in that the Shift key is located on the Right side in the Generic models. It does not specifically the model number..just that its compatible with the DV7-3000 model

Jeet this laptop has never worked 100%. The touch controls for volume stopped working, there is no WiFi light indicator, the touchpad itself functions, but its loose in the left and right control tabs. Disappointed  overall...

Don't when I"ll have the money to do that? :HalfEyes:

Take care,

Raphael

HP Recommended

@ABHenry,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.