Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15-p073tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I have a hp pavilion 15-p073tx laptop. Recently due to power spike motherboard got burned. Now I got it diagnosed and the service centre guy told me replace motherboard but the cost of replacement is 25k INR. So I want to know is it worth it to replace motherboard or should i save and go for new laptop. Please note that I am bit constrained for money.

Laptop specs:- i7, ram 8gb, HD 1TB, graphics nvidia 840m 2gb.
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thank you for helping me decide this.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

$25,000 for a motherboard replacement?!?  That is wayyyyyy too much for a simply motherboard replacement.  Can you confirm the price of that before we many any decisions?  

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended
Sorry my bad that was in Indian currency. It's $388 for replacement. So can you now please advise me on what I should do?. Thanks for taking time to reply.
HP Recommended

Did your computer have Windows Home or Pro?

HP Recommended
I had windows 10 home.
HP Recommended

As i thought.

766472-501

look around with this part number for a replacement motherboard.  i figured that you would have Windows 10 Home.  Some different models in this series have Windows 10 Pro or no Windows at all.

HP Recommended
So basically you are saying that I should replace my motherboard and it's worth it right?
HP Recommended

Yes. $388US is very fair for replacing a motherboard which includes the i7 processor. The laptop would cost at least twice that to get something comparable today. 

HP Recommended
Thank you for helping me decide this.
HP Recommended

My laptop with the same config had the same problem and was asked to replace motherboard. But then it wasn't available. Now that i saw ur Q & A . My son's system came with windows 10pro. Will the part no.be different. 

Hp Pavillion(Beatsaudio) 15-P073tx

Processor 4510U-4th gen Core i7-1tb Hdd- 8gb DDR3 Ram. With Windows 10 professional. 

Is the mother board available now in market?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.