Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15s-eq0024ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, seems like my previous post is gonna be abadoned. I have some problems with RAM, the games and apps using it very low, because of that i have some perfomance problems and etc. I think that problem is in outdated BIOS (my version of BIOS is F.52-09/22/2021, when my new 8 GB of RAM created in 2022). Should i try F.66 or F.67 rev A?

ClassifiedFliqqzy
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

the question is :
did you add memory?
what exactly did you add, is the memory recognized, whether in the bios, under windows etc, original frequency, and current frequency?
it may be useless to update the bios, see risky
I went through your other thread about games/memory problem..
no time to examine everything, but I have the feeling that the problem is not what you think!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello, finnaly someone answer to me. Yes, i added Kingston 9905700-118.A00G (8 GB, 3200 Mhz, but its works on 2400 Mhz). Date of release: Week 43 / 2022 (When my BIOS F.52 is from 2021 if check system information or AIDA64). I think that problem is in my outdated BIOS, it also updated by Windows Update in 2021, so i think that problem is obvious.

ClassifiedFliqqzy
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06604573

4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/hp-15-e0000-laptop-pc-series/30794450/model/33744558/manuals?sk...

I don't see the service guide manual here
but so now you must have 12 gb, at 2400!
the memory speed being limited, to the original one, and what must be supported by the motherboard
so, if you have 12 gb recognized under windows, I doubt that the bios / memory problem is one of them
now you mentioned system stability
it remains vague, but it could bring an improvement
as I said, it's still risky, it's up to you
but your problem in game, for me, is not just from the installed memory
That said, I didn't understand everything in your other thread!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, in total i have a 12 GB, the 2400 Mhz speed is okay for me. About RAM problems and games - apps and games itself uses only 1 or 2 GB (Maybe from Crucial RAM, or i dont know how to explain this). Never one of the apps are used 3 or more of free RAM (i have 9 GB free in system, 2 GB is spaced by Vega 8 Graphics. Problem is not in throtling, temperatures of processor is fine)

ClassifiedFliqqzy
HP Recommended

sorry but :

"Yes, i added Kingston  "

"Maybe from Crucial RAM "

You bought Kingston memory, and you talk about crucial, originally there is crucial memory, I don't understand?
for games
a game, does not necessarily need to use all available memory, it depends on the game
If you look at the requirements of a game you will see the minimum configuration, for example

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/the-sims-4/12305

Here are the The Sims 4 System Requirements (Minimum)

RAM: 4 GB

The Sims 4 Recommended Requirements

RAM: 8 GB

that means, if you have 4 gb of memory, you will be able to run the game.
but a risk that this is saturated, depending on your configuration, graphics settings, programs already in use
But that if you have 8 gb then it will be better
but it does not say that your games uses 4 gb, or 8 gb in total

on the other hand, you could also have problems because of an integrated graphics card

I can't tell you, to update the bios, if it crashes, I'll feel guilty, and certainly can't get you out of there
but that said, it might have a little improvement, since it says it improves system stability
Be careful, because sometimes I have also seen that if there is too much difference between the versions, it does not work!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Originnaly was Crucial, after that i added second RAM from ADATA on the same 4 GB, but with lower frequency. I removed ADATA RAM and buyed Kingston on 8GB and with the same specs, like Crucical. I tried to remove a Crucial RAM fully, but it doesnt help. 

About system requirements, im playing Sims 4 and i have 46-54 FPS in game on low or medium settings. I checked a Task Manager and AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition - Sims using only 1.459 GB or something like that (game is 64 bit). Recently i checked usage of my RAM in Minecraft, i set to laucher a usage of 6GB - and it actually worked, i haved a stable FPS and no framerate drops. After that i checked many games: CS:GO, GTA IV, The Sims 3, The Sims 4 and many more, result was: 1 or 2 GB of RAM usage and framerate drops in game (or low FPS in some moments). 

Im always updating graphics card, its have a 2GB of RAM and it works on 1200 Mhz.

So, i dont need to update BIOS? I checked AIDA64 and went to BIOS category, it said to me next info: "Tip: The system BIOS is more than two years old. Update it if necessary."

ClassifiedFliqqzy
HP Recommended

As I say, this probably won't change, the game/memory usage problem
by the way, I don't know if you are talking here about RAM usage, or graphics memory usage..
I normally advise against doing the memory update, you might see the countless failure messages
But sometimes no problem
It's up to you, the version information is quite imprecise, but could be useful

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-e0000-laptop-pc-series/30794450/mod...

https://support.hp.com/soar-attachment/92/col106202-ob-297437-1-ob-297437-1_sp142467_releasedoc.html

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.