Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
SlimDock 2013

Can someone tell me the difference between the 2 slimdock part numbers, D9Y32UT#ABA and D9Y32AA#ABA, and are both compatible with the EliteBook G4?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

They are essentially the same 2013 UltraSlim Docking Station just different part numbers depending on the method you are using to purchase the dock.  

The EliteBook (I assume you are referring to the 700 and/or 800 EliteBook series) G4 will work with this dock.

Once you purchase the dock I suggest you download and install the latest FW (2.33) for the dock.

Read these release notes on how to properly install the FW.  

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79015.html

The firmware is availble with the following link.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79015.exe

I hope this was helpful and enjoy your dock.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

They are essentially the same 2013 UltraSlim Docking Station just different part numbers depending on the method you are using to purchase the dock.  

The EliteBook (I assume you are referring to the 700 and/or 800 EliteBook series) G4 will work with this dock.

Once you purchase the dock I suggest you download and install the latest FW (2.33) for the dock.

Read these release notes on how to properly install the FW.  

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79015.html

The firmware is availble with the following link.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79015.exe

I hope this was helpful and enjoy your dock.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

Hi,   Which models of the dock have only (1) DisplayPort output, and which models have (2)?   I have an 840 G3 and would like to run two external monitors via 2 DisplayPort outputs on a dock. 

HP Recommended

HP 2013 UltraSlim Docking Station (B9C87AA) only has 1 DP output.

HP UltraSlim Docking Station (D9Y32AA) has 2 DP outputs

B9C87AA is no longer in production and was replaced by D9Y32AA.  You might still find one avaialble on Amazon or another web site.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

Is there firmware for that older part number (b9c87aa)?  All firmware I'm finding is for the newer part number.

HP Recommended

I just noticed I did not correctly identify the DP ports on the docks.  The 2013 Ultra Slim dock (D9Y32AA) has 2 DP and the original Ultra Slim dock (B9C87AA) had 1 DP.

(Updated)

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

I think your part numbers are reversed.   The orginal UltraSlim Dock is (B9C87AA) (which I can't find the firmware for) and the 2013 is D9Y32AA.  

We are currently trying to get the 840G3 to work with the original UltraSlim Dock (B9C87AA) and docking and undocking causes the VGA output to reset itself to 1024x768.  The 2013 UltraSlim Dock does not have this issue.  

My next option is to flash the firmware--if I can find it.  sp79015.exe is the newer software for the newer dock, and does not recognize the video ports on the original dock.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the correction on my part numbers.  I updated my post.

I am checking to see if there has beena FW update for the origianl UltraSlim dock.  

Make sure you have the latest video driver for the 840 G3.

Windows 7, 8.1 or 10?

Try creating a "docked profile" in the Intel Video Driver Control Panel App with your desired monitor resolution?

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

Hello!  I did try creating a custom profile--that partially works, but the result is the image is horizontally too small and docked to the left hand side of the monitor.  

I'm using 2 Acer v223w monitors, with the original dock.  One VGA, one DP.  The DP monitor is fine, it's the VGA one we're fighting with.  win10 machines.  

HP Recommended

A few more things things to try.

See if changing the resolution on the VGA monitor to a lower resolution or refresh rate makes any difference.

See if there is a Win 10 monitor driver avaialble from Acer for the monitor.  Loading that driver might help rather than using the generic windows driver.

Try another VGA monitor if possible.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.