Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
DV6 7000
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have an DV6-7000 laptop. It has Realtek PICE card reader. Despite it's claimed to be PCIE the speed dissappoints, on Transcend SDHC Class 10 that bust give about 80MBPS I see only humple 20 on both write and read that's rather usb 2 speed. Tried different genue cards, tried reinstalling drivers but no change.

Is it common problem or "feature"? Why is it so slow and how to fix it?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi@intenditore,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Slow speed data read/write on class 10 SD card. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The cause for the drop in data transfer is neither the card reader nor the card itself.

The card readers are designed that way to have consistency in data read/write across all types of cards be it for Class 6 or Class 10.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Ehm... This is super wierd explanation. This way usb must provide slowest possible speed wether it's slow cheap flashdrive or external super-duper ssd is connected.

??

I think the logic must be completely opposite, highest possible speed muct be provided, am I wrong? :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Hi@Intenditore,

I thank you for the reply.

You may follow the steps and check if that changes the transfer speed.

Method 1:     

Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter.

a.      Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.

b.      Select troubleshooting.

c.       Select View all on the top left corner.

d.      Run System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I would suggest you turn off the Auto tuning feature and then try to transfer the files.

Follow these steps to turn off Auto-tuning:

a.      Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt(Admin).

b.      Type “netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled” and press Enter.

c.       Now try to transfer the files and check the data transfer speed.

d.      Again, go to Command Prompt(Admin) and type “netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal” and press Enter.

e.      This will turn on the Auto tuning again.

Method 3:

I would suggest you disable Remote Differential Compression and check. 

Remote Differential Compression (RDC) allows data to be synchronized with a remote source using compression techniques to minimize the amount of data sent across the network.

RDC is different from patching-oriented differencing mechanisms, such as Binary Delta Compression (BDC), that are designed to operate only on known versions of a single file.

Follow these steps to do so:

a.      Press Windows key + W and type “turn window features on”.

b.      Select Turn Windows features on or off.

c.       Uncheck the box for Remote Differential Compression and click Ok.

d.      Restart the computer and then try transferring the files.

Hope it helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Em... This is all network related, I don't have such problems 😐

I ask about SD card reader

HP Recommended

Hi! @Intenditore, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned that the issue persists even after performing troubleshooting.

I would suggest you uninstall the card reader driver from device manager and restart your PC.

Install the latest SD card driver from the Realtek website directly using this link.

Let me know if this works.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for suggestions. I tried that but no change

HP Recommended

Hi@Intenditore,

Were you provided with any card reader specific driver discs to be used? If not, try the driver from HP website using the below link and check if that works.

http://hp.care/2fcymyx

Hope this helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

No change. Still 21 mbps top speed 😐

So it's USB 2 this way? REALLY dissappointing. Especially it's claimed to be PCIE

HP Recommended

Hi@Intenditore,

It’s the typical speed of any USB 2.0 device. It cannot be changed.

Hope it helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.