Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq Presario CQ57-371EK
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

20181015_131925.jpg

hi, how are you,
When Windows starts, I always get this message(image 1) Even after formatting my pc, i did all the tests, and this is the ID of the problem((image2), i can enter to my desktop and open my files but three keyboard buttons doesn't work like the enter button, please help me.20181015_131104.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Its an older laptop and the hard drive has gone south and needs replacement. Not sure what's going on with the keyboard. 

Post back if you want a walk-through on replacing the hard drive; how to do it where to buy, how to reload software. We have helped thousands extend the life of their laptop by showing how to do so and it is cheaper and easier than you fear, I'm sure. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Its an older laptop and the hard drive has gone south and needs replacement. Not sure what's going on with the keyboard. 

Post back if you want a walk-through on replacing the hard drive; how to do it where to buy, how to reload software. We have helped thousands extend the life of their laptop by showing how to do so and it is cheaper and easier than you fear, I'm sure. 

HP Recommended

Thank you  for the answer,

What is the cause of this problem?
Are there other solutions instead of replacing the hard drive with a new one?
HP Recommended

Hard to say the cause. What causes a light bulb to fail? They just do not last forever. No other option but to replace the hard drive. No repair or software fix possible. You may read something about sector relocation, low level formatting, etc. but these are not really viable fixes and just kick the can down the road. 

HP Recommended

Hi, how are you doing?

want replacing the hard drive by a new one 500 GB; and where to buy(I'm from Morocco), how to reload software?

thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.