Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15t ch000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a Spectre x360 15t ch000 November 2019. I fell in love with it, and my experience  with it convinced me of the quality of HP products and customer service to a paramount degree. I bought another a month later, in December 2019. I’ve replaced my office printers with HP, my home office printer with HP, and have purchased many accessories to support my personal HP devices. As well, my parents and step parents each own various HP products from Spectres to printers, based on my recommendation-people very dear to me, who trust my opinion.

Being a Structured Wiring contractor, my team is tasked with designing communication and workplace solutions, as well as constantly being asked for advice by clients for advice regarding their personal networks. Most recently, at the beginning of the pandemic, we had opportunity to implement processes designed to maintain lean business agility despite rapidly changing market conditions. We quickly developed work from home packages involving Probooks and Elites, as well as specifying Slice based systems for our videoconferencing packages. Every opportunity for a new solution started within the framework of HP products in cases we were tasked to specify hardware within a project. 

5 months ago, I began to notice that the bottom panel of one of my Spectres did not fit quite right. Several weeks later, the panel is separated by 5mm. My disappointment to learn I was out of warranty, and that it appears as though this is not something I was warned about in my personal HP account, and doesn’t seem to have been published about otherwise, is somewhat ground shaking, in my opinion. 

I maintain 2 laptops at all times, for redundancy. I have been using my backup Spectre, during the busy time of uncertainty the last few months have been. Though I honestly, genuinely can’t spare the time, I have researched into the issue, and it appears as though a general honor based replacement may not be a service that I am able to achieve here. Also, purchasing the battery from various sources may end up with some sort of “not genuine hardware” type of error, and searching via the HP parts store and parts surfer so far has not produced the battery via part number or the other ways.

I cannot use my Spectre for its intended use in front of clientele and possibly have “not genuine” error messages and things such as the completely unprofessional look of having a notebook that looks so poorly manufactured and may or may not have functioning components. Please advise. 

-Steven 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ExpertWiring, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I’ve replied to the person who  contacted me.

HP Recommended

I’ve been waiting patiently for another response, have not recieved anything, after the private message asking me for my information. 

HP Recommended

The fact that I've personally spent and professionally specified nearly $100,000.00 in procurement with HP or an HP products distributor as a source, and explaining that my company installs and services solutions revolving around HP Slice, Elite, and Officejet did not prevent an offer for me to honorably trust the brand here, and send in my laptop and pay $300.00 for a repair-for a tech to spend 15 minutes to replace their faulty, prematurely dying battery that could have damaged the valuable information on my hard drive had i not noticed and stopped the expansion from damaging other parts. 

Failing forward, using this experience to educate clients on policy that we would never emulate, and to shop for a manufacturer/distributor who values retaining and supporting a client such as myself.

I am still waiting for information on how to purchase a battery that will not trigger the "not genuine" warning during POST. I hope that the report of my experience is useful for whomever may read this. 

-Steve

HP Recommended

I’d like to note: 3/14/2021, over one month after my initial request, I have still not received any information regarding where I may purchase a battery for one of the 2 Spectre x360’s I own, to replace the faulty battery that expanded and damaged other parts. My model is the ch000. I did receive a message several weeks ago to ship my laptop in for a $300 repair-my laptop is already disassembled due to the battery expanding and breaking the screws that held the bottom panel in. This happened within days of the end of the warranty. I need a source for a battery that won’t create a “not genuine” error message. Would love it if an HP representative would provide this information, and I assure you that you will not hear from me again in the HP Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.