Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I second your call for an official HP response.  I too posted something in this matter but being new to forums I don't really know where I posted it.  😞

HP Recommended

Hello HP and everyone.  It is soo unfortunate that I did not find this forum berfore buying my Spectre.   After reading all the posts I realize the extreme heat from the left corner of my Spectre is a larger issue than I thought.  Many of us need to use our LAPtops on our LAPS! but the heat is not only unbearable; it might also be dangerous to our health.  So, I'd like to join the call for HP representatives to speak out (posted by someone before me).  There are plenty of us having this problem on our brand new machines.  Or, perhaps HP is waiting for someone to get hurt or for their laptops to burn up and/or cause other material damages? 

HP Recommended

Hi.  Just wanted to confirm with you this is still the case.  I am currently running its first charge whilst setting stuff up and noticed the heat.  But if only does this whilst on charge then not really an issue (would not typically have it plugged in if I had it on my lap!!).   I didn't see other posts with your very interesting and relevent findings.

Cheers

HP Recommended

In the same boat and super irritated at their lack of response.  Already posted this issue elsewhere in the forums.  Is it so hard to pay attention to your customers?

HP Recommended

Any solution on this issue hot issue? I just get my x360 13 laptop. Hopefully this is not call a normal condition.

HP Recommended
Several things have happened since my original posts. Getting an answer from HP has not been one of them though. Yet after reading someone's post about the problem being manifested only when charging, I began to wonder if that had been my interpretation as well. After several days of sitting my laptop on my lap (when not charging) I have began to wonder if: a) I got used to the heat since it doesn't burn as before? b) my original impression was when charging - memory bluring at this point? c) is it OK for it burn while charging - don't we laptop users often ran out of charge and plug in to finish working next to a wall or something where we can't place the computer on a table? d) do other brands heat as much? e) are we just suppose to conform with this situation and lack of official answers?
HP Recommended

For what it's worth, I took the advice of someone on the forum and turned on power saver.  The fan stopped running almost immediately and it is cooling off.  HP owes us an explanation.  Otherwise I LOVE this laptop.

HP Recommended

Power saver will simply run your notebook at a much lower clock speed. This might help with the heating, but it will make your notebook run slow.

I just reported the same issue on my week old Spectre x360 (i5). The HP tech tells me that a new BIOS patch was released yesterday and it sohuld help fix the problem.

I shall report back once I have applied the BIOS update.

Thx

HP Recommended

My Spectre x360 13-4112TU  notebook is about a week old.

HP Support asked me to apply this BIOS update.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74259.exe

After this update the notebook would still overheat, but not extreamly hot as before the update.

I am hoping the replacement notebook will not have the same issue....fingers crossed.

Thx

HP Recommended

Mine gets so hot that I worry about it bursting into flames.  I dare not leave it on charge unattended. 

Also it got extremely hot when I tried to download the 6 recent updates....and none of them would actually install. 

Has anyone else had trouble installing them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.