Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 13-4010ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have recently noticed a bulge under the keyboard of my spectre x360, I strongly suspect that must be the battery who is somehow swelling???

my laptop is working fine for now, but the bulge is quite worrisome. and i can't afford to lose laptop functionality.

i've looked around and seen that theres a battery recall for some notebook models, but mine isnt concerned.

my laptop just got out of its 2 years warranty 3 months ago (of course it did!).

is there any special warranty program which can help me replace my battery at low cost?

else, how much can i expect to pay for a replacement battery and where can i order one?

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

@DavidL_KX

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. For a long time, I've thought it was just a warping of the plastic bottom of my Spectre, but I discovered the battery swelling issue today.

How can I get this fixed? Like the previous writer, I bought this computer a little over two years ago when the Spectre first came out. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@dark1p

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my Spectre x360. The laptop no longer sits flat because the bottom panel is bulging due to what I assume to be a swollen battery. Is this safe? Please advise on how it may be fixed. Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

@Dominic001

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@danny-r

Thank you very much for your help!

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem with my Spectre 360. How can I get this addressed?

Thanks

Nick

HP Recommended

@The_Iliad

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have this same problem. I felt like my laptop was warped because it doesn't sit flat anymore....I mentioned it to an aquaintance who fixes computers and he told me about battery swelling, which I never heard of any more. I purchased my Spectre x360 sometime around September 2015 (if memory serves me correctly), and I have been so happy with how it still runs 3 years later.....until he told me the battery could continue to swell and explode! 

What's the solution everyone has found?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.