Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@Milligan181 wrote:

Success!!!  I finally had someone from HP call me and rectify the issue.

They are taking care of the fix and making it right and they are covering the costs.  As it should be.

I think being the squeeky wheel paid off. 

Good luck to the rest of you.  Be the squeeky wheel!

Congrats.  How far out of warranty was your unit?  And how many previous attempts did you make to get it taken care of?

HP Recommended

Writing to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.   https://www.cpsc.gov/ today.

Thanks for the information.

Julian

HP Recommended
i purchased hp spectre x360 when it was launched thinking that i am making a wise decision and who know that after some time it will be a bad decision as one day it just stopped charging and when i got it checked they said that we need to change the motherboard for the laptop and which cost 600usd which is like too much to be spent on repairs of a laptop and i think the lot of people have been facing the same problem and hp such a big brand giving such a products is just not acceptable
HP Recommended
Sorry to say but a very bad decision of buying a hp laptop as these machines are very risky as they are burning and even no one is there to help for the solution they are even giving high quotes for the repair work to be done for the faulty laptops given by the company
HP Recommended
Please help me register the problem and find relief for my x360 motherboard isssue
HP Recommended

@Nosnahkire

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended
Its the same problem which is there with hp laptop which has been causing problem to all the customers so u should put a serious complaint regarding this as it could be really dangerous as the laptops are getting burned which could cause us damage also so a step need to be taken so that hp takes care of the defected laptops sold by them.
HP Recommended

@Omar-E

Hi Omar, I wonder why my concern hasn't been requested to the HP with the same problem. Thank you!

HP Recommended
Ask for assistance on this forum and you will get help. My case was elevated and am being sent a return and repair kit free of charge. Have faith and thank all those pioneers above who had to argue their way to getting appropriate service. Looks like HP is doing the right thing
HP Recommended

This has now happened to me for the second time:

Just after launch, I bought the QHD i7 x360 direct from HP, at considerable expense.

A few months after the warranty expired, the motherboard failed, which (having googled the matter and found numerous similar cases) I believe to be a common fault with this machine.  

Despite this and the fact that I told HP that I considered this to be a power issue, rather than a motherboard fault, HP were not willing to take responsibility and I paid a large sum of money to have the motherboard replaced by HP.  This was last September 2016.

Two weeks ago, now out of the derisory 90 day warranty that HP offers for it's own repairs, the exact same fault has occured.

Again, no responsibility taken for this from HP and I have just been offered an insultingly small discount on having the motherboard replaced by them again.  When I ponted out yet again that I have always considered the motherboard failure to be a symptom of the true fault, HP's response was to offer to charge me several hundred pounds more, to have the machine looked at 'more thoroughly'.

This was supposed to be their Macbook-busting flagship machine.  I had to cancel meetings as a result of the failure, that have cost me more than the original price of the machine.

I am frankly appauled by the total lack of concern that HP has showed, not to mention their rush to absolve themselves of any responsibility for what is obviously a design flaw in this very expensive laptop.

I don't expect to get anything approaching a satisfactory resolution to this, but am posting in the hope that anyone considering a purchase of this magnitude might read it first and think again before buying from HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.