Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
No one has yet tried to contact us from hp it means that hp is just no worried about its customers its just selling the faulty machines and getting away without any support for the faulty machines given by them
HP Recommended

I just want to say a big thank you to HP.  My problem was acknowledged within minutes and escalated to a senior level.  

HP have now offered to meet the cost of the repair and a courier is coming to pick up the machine next week.  

One might say that this is the level of service to be expected, as a matter of course, but we all know that it is rare in this day and age.  

Faith restored!

HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem that everyone else is having. My computer wouldn't turn on so I brought it to windows, and they stated it looked like it was just the charger. I ordered a new charger for $120 off of Hp parts and it still didn't work. Of course HP doesn't let you return parts. I then purchased a new power port for the laptop and replaced it and it still didn't work. Upon looking around the mother board I saw that a tag had burn marks on it and then found that the mother board was fried in the same exact position as everyone else's problem.

Called HP and they can't help, but can offer a repair of $700, but actually can give me a whopping 30% off! This is definitely a malfunction in manufacturing being the computer is only 2 years old.

Can you have someone from HP contact me as you did with the previous customer? "Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details)." It's too bad that HP is not being more proactive in addressing this problem, as I can see very many people are dealing with the same issue.
HP Recommended

@codysnow

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.