Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 2018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had my 2018 Spectre x360 13" with i7/16GB RAM for about a year and four months. I am a student and used it everyday in tablet mode to take notes and laptop mode for everything else. Often times I would notice it would overheat regardless of how heavy the load was and the fan would start whirring very loudly. In the moment it wasn't a huge issue but ultimately the heat damaged the laptop and the motherboard failed.

Is there something HP can do about this? This laptop was very expensive and I was hoping to use it throughout university. Moreover, the overheating/motherboard failure seems to be a known issue in the Spectre x360 series, even the previous generation, which they haven't fixed and they haven't even done a recall. Even the new 2019 model seems to have heat issues. It's ridiculous that HP continues selling and marketing such an unreliable laptop for such a high price...! I'm trying my best to warn people about this everywhere I go.

Please let me know if HP can do something about my laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MK2019

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.