Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How in the world do you open the enclosure case. All videos show a close your case with six screws . I only have two!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Spectre x360 15 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended ...

Chapter 5 indicates there are 6 Philips head and 2 Torx screws you have to remove.

You have to remove both the rubber foot strips and several screws will be exposed.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, however there is not 6 screws. only the two torx head screws. What now?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, that I wouldn't know.

That is the service manual for your notebook's model series and according to the manual, when you peel off the rubber foot strips, there are supposed to be 3 screws under each strip.

HP Recommended

When I removed the two rubber strips, I found no other screws. I have watched several videos and every one mentions the screws under the rubber grip strips. there are no screws on my laptop. WTH??

HP Recommended

Where can I go to get another possible answer? 1.jpegRight side torx screwRight side torx screwleft side torx screwleft side torx screwunder the rubber grip strip... no screwsunder the rubber grip strip... no screwsno screws visible to my eyesno screws visible to my eyesno screwsno screws

HP Recommended

4.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.