Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I have an HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx. Since day 1, the top left corner of the keyboard (where AC adapter is) makes a buzzing/static/pop/crackling noises.

• No, the AC adapter is not connected.
  • No, it's not from the speakers. Test: Put the speaker on mute. Disabled Realtek Driver. No noise in headphones.
  • No, it is not from the fan. I installed a program to turn off the fan temporarily.
  • No, it's not from the harddrive. I have an SSD.

Contacted HP via chat, and the representative connected to my laptop and made me reinstall the bios and then asked me if the noise still persists and it did. So I was asked to return the laptop for repair.

When I asked if this is a common issue, he said no.

Since I am in my return policy and since HP did not bother on sending me a loaner during the repair process,  I ordered another laptop and returned the old one back. 

The new one still has the same noise.  Went and chatted with support again. They made me reinstall bios with no luck and made me send the laptop in for repair...

Is this a common issue with the envy series?! 2 laptops in a row with the same problem?! It's funny how the support are issuing return labels and boxes if the bios update is unsuccesful. As if it's a common issue...

Noise gets worse if switching windows or scrolling...

Any comments/suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@aaraa

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I have sent you a private message. Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you manage to sort this out? My PC is the same and the man in the Curry's where I bought it won't believe me! Want to get this sorted as soon as possible

HP Recommended

@ivan_ok,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you followed the steps suggested in the thread?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.