Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
17z-ca300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am attempting to order 32 GB of memory for my newly purchased HP 17z-ca300.
I will be getting 2x16GB dual-channel (Kingston Hyper X Impact, G.Skill RIPJAWS, Corsair, or IPQ).
My question is: should get single rank or dual rank? As per usual the internet searching has netted varying and conflicting information. It seems that it can be extremely situational which is better. Since you guys know my computer specifics better than anyone, what say you?

Thank you all again! This HP community has been immensely helpful over the past week and has led me to finally getting the exact laptop I needed at a price point that was extremely fair!
I ordered every option available, this is how my specific machine is spec's out:

HP 17z-ca300
- Natural silver
- 17.3 full HD (1920 x 1080) display
- Full-size island-style backlit natural silver keyboard with numeric keypad

- AMD Ryzen 7 4700U processor + AMD Radeon graphics
- 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM
- 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD + 1TB 5,400 RPM HDD
- Intel AX200 WiFi 6 (2 x 2) w/ Bluetooth 5
- DVD-writer

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the free utility that I zipped op and attached below will provide that information for you.

Run the program and close out of the summary window.

On the left side of the window, click to expand the memory section.

Click on your memory module listed there.

On the right side of the program window, there should be a number of ranks report about halfway down.

This is the report from my desktop PC which indicates the memory I have installed is dual rank.

Number Of Ranks: 2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.