Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x2 11 inch 11-da0000 (323K6AV)
Chrome OS

The stylus that came with the Chromebook is not working. When it is docked the "Stylus tools" menu indicates that it is charging but when I remove it from the magnetic charging area it is not charged. Tried resetting and power washing. There isnt any other way to charge the stylus. Not sure what to do. Also, why isnt there a "board" for Chromebooks?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Honestly, A Chromebook isn't really a laptop.

It is a Chrome browser.

The stylus battery is not replaceable.

It the Chromebook still in the one year free warranty period? 

If it is still in warranty, contact HP for warranty service to se if they will replace the stylus.

If it is out of warranty, you can replace the stylus. It costs around $50.00

The  USI Active Pen part number is  HP M76708-001

Do a search online to find a vendor who sells it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=HP+M76708-001&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS918US918&oq=HP+M76708-001&aqs=chrome.....

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I didnt say it was really a laptop. I asked why there wasnt an HP Community board for Chromebooks. And I asked for exactly that reason, Chromebooks are not laptops. 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. When docked, it says it charges, but when removed it says the battery on the stylus is low and the screen doesn't respond to the stylus. I called HP on this and they sent a replacement stylus. It worked fine for a month, and now the replacement dead. I called again and they sent another replacement. It is currently working, but I'm concerned it too will die. 

I wonder how widespread this problem is, and whether it has to do with the stylus or the tablet's ability to charge it properly. That is, is it a stylus defect or a tablet defect? 

HP Recommended

There isn't a section for Chromebooks because there just aren't that many Chromebook threads as compared to laptops, so HP appears to have just lumped them in with laptops.

This is the first thread I have seen on the stylus failures for ChromeBooks.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.