Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-BS580TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My product is Hp 15-bs5tx which has i3 6th gen processor and amd 520 graphics , i am awared that it is not a laptop for gaming but  i was able to play games with low or medium graphics settings before , recently i discovered that no matter what game i play there is a sudden fps drop in the game with audio disturbance which lasts for few seconds and the fps becomes normal again , this keeps happening again and again making the game unplayable i also discovered that whenever i set my amd powerplay settings to maximum performance this problem occurs , is there any possible solutions to overcome this problem? 

Things that i have tried( updated graphics drivers from hp support, installed intel thermal framework, reseted pc,scanned for malwares but no threats found,tried plugging the charger to wall outlet) sadly nothing was found fruitful.

Thank you,

Help will be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey, I am using HP Laptop 15-bs0xx which has 8 gb of ram i3 6th gen processor and  amdradeon 520 graphics. I am well aware that this is not a laptop for playing heavy games, but games with low or medium settings are expected playable  which meets  the system requirements. Recently i discovered that no matter which game i play i recieve a sudden fps drop which lasts for few seconds and then again the frame rate becomes normal after some time,this keeps on happening thus making the game unplayable. NOTE:- this problem only persists when i select 'Maxmize Performance' in the power options -> AMD Graphics power settings->AMD powerplay settings.. To get the maximum possible fps for games, the game works fine with comparatively low fps in 'Maximize Battery Life'.

Things i have done to solve this problem:-

1. Reseted the pc

2. scanned for malwares

3.updated bios

4. updated graphics drivers

5. connected the charger to wall outlet.

unfortunately nothing has worked.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Anirban8

Welcome to HP Community

Let's try these steps

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  

• In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• click Apply and OK

If the issue persists please follow the instructions in this HP Troubleshooter: http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=SlowComputerPerformance.net&as=true&section=ccweb&sfs=sdoc&l...

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the steps and i discovered that it may be a gpu overheating issue as on'Maximize Performance' the temperature of my gpu goes around 80-90 degrees , it is at this point when the fps drop takes place with unclear audio effects. The games which i run meet the system requirements, the issue only takes place when set to 'Maximize Performance'.

Is there any way to solve this?

HP Recommended

@Anirban8

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.