Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the same problem many people posted here. It seems most were luckier than me that they got quick responses. I have been waiting for longer and got nothing.

About 2 years, same swollen battery and bulging back panel. 

b1.JPG

b2.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

wondering why the pictures I posted got removed. 

HP Recommended

@GregZZZ 

Bloated battery needs to be replaced.

Two choices - actually three:

• Purchase and change out the battery yourself for the expense of having to purchase said battery.
  • If the computer is in Warranty, contact HP World-Wide Support, submit a case, prepare to send the computer to HP for repair.

Third, unofficial option

• Wait for an agent to find your message, evaluate the content, and perhaps respond.

Some people do opt for the third option - "bloated" battery is a sensitive subject for some.

The fastest option is to purchase and replace the battery.

We can provide the information to help you replace the battery - let us know.

There is also video available.

The basic information you need is located in the Service Guide for your computer.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals / User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. 

I did see many people got the unofficial option, such as in the thread #M465244, also out of warranty.

I guess my best choice is to wait for it while praying the battery doesn't explode on the top of my lap. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your opinion. 

I totally agree with you batteries can easily go wrong, we all saw what happened to Samsun Galaxy Note 7. 

Still, for a somewhat high-end HP Spectre X360 Convertible, barely 2-year old with a swollen battery, I can't say it is not disappointing. I have many other laptops, cell phones, and tablets, this is the only one with such a problem. 

HP Recommended

OK,  now the triangle yellow signs on the images have become red some prohibition red circle signs.

So I would assume that means they don't allow me to publish those pictures of the swollen battery and the bulging back panel.

I am shocked by the censorship. Probably those pictures of the HP product defects are too scary to show to the public. 

HP Recommended

1 Bulging Battery back panel of HP Spectre X360 Convertible.JPG3 Bulging Battery back panel of HP Spectre X360 Convertible.JPG

HP Recommended

it doesn't look like my issue would get any agents' attention and I am not allowed to post pictures. interesting situation. 

HP Recommended

I started speaking to myself here. 

HP Recommended

very disappointed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.