Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-aw030ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Perhaps someone here has an easy solution, I contacted HP parts looking for memory for my notebook and got an email back with the standard direction somewhere else, suffice it to say I went aftermarket and got the memory I needed, installed now on this notebook on which I am typing.

Following the "HP Maintenance & Service Guide" http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05122652  I was able to open and replace my existing one 8Gig memory module in slot #1 with two 8Gig memory modules in slots #1 & #2 (replaced as a pair for compatability) memory pair 16Gig slots  1&2memory pair 16Gig slots 1&2As I was preparing to replace the memory I noticed my Battery was swollen & had deformed my keyboard, Battery_Small pic.jpgBattery.jpg 

I checked this out with HP support and saw no recall for this battery module, as I could find no resolve from support under their "Bad Batteries List & Checker"  I have posted the information here in hopes of a timely response, I don't feel safe with a notebook that keeps getting bigger & the keyboard taking on the appearance of ergonomically correct!

As HP is usually quite responsive I have sent them a note through their battery response form in hopes they will contact me soon!

Thanks in advance for any assistance (I do have 3 HP laptops in my home now) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SharkyCA

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SharkyCA

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Sandytechy20, waiting for follow up contact!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your input @Sandytechy20, the solution offered to me for my swaollen battery was a repair equal to half the cost of my laptop! I was able to source a NEW battery for under $50.00 Canadian and will self install when it arrives.

With all the problems HP has had with battery recalls I thought they would have done better, thanks for your assistance.

One other thing I have edited my post with images of the battery twice but the images keep disappearing????

Any thoughts??

HP Recommended

@SharkyCA The images are most likely blocked by the moderator, if the images contain critical information such as serial number, etc...although, you can always click on "flag post" on the side of your post and explain the same to them and they'll reply with a solution.

That said, I hope we could do better, however, there are certain policies in place for batteries and there's nothing we can do about the charges,

Although if you need anything else, feel free to write to us and we'll do out best to help you out.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.