Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17t-ce100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows updated to Windows 10 Build 19041.329. My Synaptics WBDI Finger Print Reader no longer works. When I try to delete and update the driver, the driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.

Synaptics WBDI Finger Print Reader windows 10 Build 19041.329

TITLE:  Synaptics Fingerprint Driver - Comet Lake (Windows 10 v1903)

VERSION:  6.0.20.1111

The driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.19041).

Will HP provide an updated version of the fingerprint driver?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@GaryCha, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Install the HP Simple Pass Identity Protection Software for Windows 10:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71729.exe 

If the issue persists, Please Click here to download the most viable driver for Windows 10  fingerprint reader (if need be) & if your Simple Pass Software isn't working: 

Click here to download a different version of the same software. 

Check for any pending windows update on the computer.

Also, install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Having the same issue with the fingerprint scanner not working after this latest Windows release.  Downloaded HP Simple Pass as recommended.  When trying to use SImplePass for the first time it asks for my Windows password and says it's incorrect after I enter it.  How is it reading a password if I've never entered it previously?  I still have the error messages 'We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint.   Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Vegas99,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number and the exact model for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here you go.....

Product number 6UX02AV

HP Envy 17t-ce100-CTO

Serial Number 8CG9450JT3

HP Recommended

@Vegas99

Let's try these steps:  

• Open the Device Manager (Windows logo key + X  and select Device Manager). 

• Locate your fingerprint reader in the Biometric Devices section. 

• Double-click the device to open its properties. 

• Click Roll Back Driver. 

• Then click OK. Restart your computer and check for the functionality. 

Have you installed the updates using the HPSA on the computer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The option to roll-back the driver is 'greyed' out and does not allow.   I am current with HPSA updates.

HP Recommended

@Vegas99

In that case, we will have to reset the computer. Kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello HP support, I do not want to install HP Simple Pass, I just want the fingerprint reader to work with windows Hello like it did before. Could you provide a real solution to this problem please?

Trying to install sp104404.exe renders the following error message: this driver is not supported on this os version (10.0.19041).

HP Recommended

@GeertsM

• HP SimplePass allows you to safely store login information for your favorite websites, and use a single method of authentication for your password-protected website accounts.
  • On Win 10, SimplePass has been replaced with Windows Hello. 

What model HP PC are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Which version of the OS are you using?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.