Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 430
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the pc booted and fully working, the installed fingerprint reader functions corretly. If I shutdown the notebook and I restart it, it still functions and I can unlock / login using the fingerprint. If I reboot manually or if the system reboots for example because of updates are installed, the fingerprint stop working. So I need to reinstall the driver using the "repair driver" feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mregazzi

Welcome to the HP Community Forum - we are a community of HP enthusiasts!

System, one of three main models:

"ProBook 430" (12)

Consider / Try a newer driver.

Download and Release Notes information page:

Synaptics (Validity) Fingerprint Driver - 4.5.315.0 Rev.A

Version:4.5.315.0 Rev.A (17 Sep 2015)

Enhancements
Optimized driver load times
Resolved issues with some cold boot conditions causing sensor to be unavailable.

Driver:

sp72896.exe

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mregazzi

Welcome to the HP Community Forum - we are a community of HP enthusiasts!

System, one of three main models:

"ProBook 430" (12)

Consider / Try a newer driver.

Download and Release Notes information page:

Synaptics (Validity) Fingerprint Driver - 4.5.315.0 Rev.A

Version:4.5.315.0 Rev.A (17 Sep 2015)

Enhancements
Optimized driver load times
Resolved issues with some cold boot conditions causing sensor to be unavailable.

Driver:

sp72896.exe

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you Dragon-Fur,

I could try to "downgrade" the driver, yes, because I see that mine is a 2 days later release: my current driver version is 4.5.321.0 September 19 2015.

Maybe the problem is due to a regression ?

My probook is a G3 (I missed this info opening the issue).

HP Recommended

@mregazzi

@mregazzi wrote:

Thank you Dragon-Fur,

I could try to "downgrade" the driver, yes, because I see that mine is a 2 days later release: my current driver version is 4.5.321.0 September 19 2015.

Maybe the problem is due to a regression ?

My probook is a G3 (I missed this info opening the issue).

You are welcome.

When it comes to Synaptics / Validity drivers, newer is usually better if the newer driver provides a benefit or fix to a known issue.

Having said that, unless there is a security fix that should be applied, then a working driver need not be replaced.

Although the descriptions are sometimes lacking in detail, it is a good habit to read the Driver Revision History.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.