Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
CQ40-641TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sytem upgrade with mother board RAM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You already have the motherboard used in all that model series and it will accept the T9550. There is no other motherboard you can install. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

What do you want to do to it? Frankly any money and effort is better spent on something more current

HP Recommended

Actually this one performing very well, except the sytem is little bit slow. So, am looking to upgrade it if there is any possibility.

HP Recommended

4 gigs DDR2 is the maximum memory. T9550 is the maximum processor. You could install a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in lieu of the hard drive. 4 gigs RAM and a solid state drive would be easy to do and the best upgrades. I might find a small SSD if I were you like a 120 gig just to hold cost down. The processor I would not do just because of the difficulty. Cost for the processor would not be much, however if you are skilled at laptop servicing. 

Service Manual 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind information.

I have that SSD. You have suggested for Processor-T9550, 4 GB DDR2 RAM.

Would you please inform me about the compatible motherboard?

HP Recommended

You already have the motherboard used in all that model series and it will accept the T9550. There is no other motherboard you can install. 

HP Recommended

Thank you sir. Got it now.

HP Recommended

Sys Info.jpgHI!

I am getting a message on System info box which is showing "Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (2.90 GB usable).

Can you help me to overcome this one anyway where entire memory capacity can be in use?

HP Recommended

It is using that for video. I am trying to explain this old system has severe limitations. 

HP Recommended

Hi!

Is it happening due to any kind of manufacturing mismatch or simply mother board capacity degraded? I have a license of Windows 10 professional. So, can installing WIN_10-Prof by replacing of windows 8 be a solution of this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.