Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

TRYING to install more Ram in a Envy 15t-as 1oo  bottom case will not come off.  

I have:

all screews out

3 side are un clipped ( 4th side with the hinges will not come apart like the other sides)

What is the trick?

Do that side first?

What?  this MUST be able to be done or it's a defective laptop build.

envy15-back2.png

envy15-back1.png

envy15-back.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

>>> it's a defective laptop build.

Hi,

No, that is the new design that why this work is for

HP authorized service providers only

If you wish to do yourself (will void warranty), you also need to

Remove the rear rubber foot strip.

If damaged, you can buy:

The rear rubber foot strip is included in the Rubber Kits, spare part numbers 905972-001 (for use only
on computer models with model numbers 15-as100 through 15-as199) and 858700-001 (for use only
on computer models with model numbers 15-as000 through 15-as099).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

>>> it's a defective laptop build.

Hi,

No, that is the new design that why this work is for

HP authorized service providers only

If you wish to do yourself (will void warranty), you also need to

Remove the rear rubber foot strip.

If damaged, you can buy:

The rear rubber foot strip is included in the Rubber Kits, spare part numbers 905972-001 (for use only
on computer models with model numbers 15-as100 through 15-as199) and 858700-001 (for use only
on computer models with model numbers 15-as000 through 15-as099).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I will try to remove rubber foot strip.  BUT this would not VOID an WARRANTY. Why, because you can NOT have a warranty that says that an orginal purchaser can NOT open and install an upgrade without paying more money. PERIOD PERIOD PERIOD. 

COME on man. WOW. Stop drinking the koolaid.

Anyways, if there is hidden screws there, then great, it should come off.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Given you gave a wrong product/ model number, the chance is 50/50 you would be ok until having problem with your machine.

Best wishes.

BH

HP Recommended

Yes, hidden screw under the rubber footing:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=W0Q62AV

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Sandman-MB wrote:

Yes, hidden screw under the rubber footing:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PROD&SearchText=W0Q62AV

Thank you.

- Did you succeed in installing the RAM? (the HP guide for the "HP Envy 15t-as100 cto" lists the slots as "non accessible.)

- Were the clips for the second RAM slot already available or did you have to buy some?

- When removing the rubber strip, can it be reset or does removal damage it such that it needs to be replaced with a new one?

- Can you post any pictures from your installation that I can use as a guide for upgrading the RAM of a similar machine?

HP Recommended

Yes. Removing the grey rubber footing on the back / bottom of laptop, there are 4 hidden screws. Once those are off, the bottom pops right off.  Also all the outter scres.   Ram and everything else is accessible.

Wish this was clear on the manual or how to page about this laptop.

HP Recommended

@Sandman-MB wrote:

Yes. Removing the grey rubber footing on the back / bottom of laptop, there are 4 hidden screws. Once those are off, the bottom pops right off.  Also all the outter scres.   Ram and everything else is accessible.

Excellent!  Thank you.

(To clarifiy: Removing the rubber strip with standard tweezers won't damage it?)

HP Recommended

@nofoo wrote:

@Sandman-MB wrote:

Excellent!  Thank you.

(To clarifiy: Removing the rubber strip with standard tweezers won't damage it?)

Hi folks. Thanks for posting the solution to this. I was in the process of upgrading to an M.2 when I got stuck at the same step. Glad I found this post pointing out the hidden screws under the rubber footing ($51 for a piece of rubber - ouch). When I try to lift off the rubber strip the adhesive stays put on the case. The rubber strip comes off easily without tweezers. Has anybody mastered to get this off with the adhesive still attached? I'm afraid that pulling the adhesive off will ruin it.

thanks!

edit: I was able to peel the rubber strip a few mms then lift the adhesive off up to the strip, attach it back to strip and continue lifting it slowly off with adhesive attached to rubber strip. No ripping or breaking. thanks again.

edit2: had no idea one could install two hard drives. Now I have a 2Tb 2.5" SATA drive and an M.2 to boot from. Nice.

Once all done you couldn't tell that somebody opened it up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.